Your Public Policy Committee:
Please Join Us!
Effective July 1, voting members of the CAAEYC Public Policy Committee are:
- Chair: James Moses
- Vice Chair: Linda Olivenbaum
- Past Chair: Jean Goulart
- Legislative Action Workgroup Co-Chairs: Joyce Robinson, Juliet Pailes
- Communication and Outreach Workgroup Co-Chairs: Jennifer Escamilla, Roxanne Weaver
- Advocacy and Professional Development Workgroup Co-Chairs: Fran Chasen, Leah Catching
- ANYONE is welcome to attend meetings!
Workgroup tasks include:
- Legislative Action
- Identify and track legislation of interest
- Write letters of support/opposition
- Conduct Public Policy surveys of the CAAEYC membership
- Communication and Outreach
- Regular communication with CAAEYC Chapters to share budget and legislative information
- Provide Support or Opposition letter templates for Chapters and individuals to utilize for advocacy
- Training support for Chapters to encourage and conduct advocacy within their region
- Create a video platform to share with Chapters and the public to provide information and encourage advocacy
- Advocacy and Professional Development
- Early Learning Advocacy Day (ELAD) coordination, promotion and presentation
- Coordinate Public Policy Annual Conference presence in the Hub, the Center for Social Change and Conference presentations
- Support chapters in developing local advocacy events and training
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month via video/phone conference call from 7:00pm-8:30pm. Join us to learn what's happening in Sacramento and Washington DC concerning ECE and how to make your voice heard when crucial policy decisions are being made that affect you, your co-workers and the children you serve!
Feel free to join one of the Workgroups, attend our monthly conference calls (even only once in a while) and engage to best suit your needs and interests.
Email Chair James Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive call-in information and the agenda for each meeting. We welcome you!