The Position - Executive Director
The Executive Director will work under the oversight of ARC and IDA’s Board of Directors to build organizational sustainability and provide strategic leadership for IDA. Serving as Executive Director, this individual will guide the organization to develop new opportunities for program delivery, advocacy, and revenue generation. The Executive Director has the primary and direct responsibility for leadership of the organization with access to a support team already in place.
For more information, please click here
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
|Folsom, CA 95630
|Director, the Garden School
The Center operates the Garden School, which won the Marin Independent Journal’s Readers’ Choice Award for Best Preschool in 2019. The Center is seeking an experienced education professional to be the school’s full-time Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director provides leadership and management for all aspects of the school’s day-to-day operations, including administration, curriculum, fundraising, human resources, parent relationships, and regulatory compliance. The Director also works to take full advantage of the Center’s beautiful 11-acre natural site in the school’s play-based and nature-based curriculum and to integrate school activities and families into the mission and programs of the Center.
- Provide leadership to carry out the mission, policies, and procedures of the school and supervise its day-to-day operations
- Manage school staff, including recruitment, performance management, and professional development
- Manage fundraising, marketing, and publicity for the school
- Manage the enrollment process and student records, including immunization records
- Develop and implement a play-based, nature-based age appropriate curriculum that aligns with the Center’s mission, vision and values
- Coordinate student evaluations on progress, abilities, and special needs
- Represent the school program on the Center’s management team
- Prepare the school’s monthly budget and annual report
- Ensure compliance with all licensing regulations
- Conduct tours and follow up with prospective parents
- Select and manage specialty program providers
- Develop and maintain positive and consistent communications with parents
- 5+ years’ experience in preschool teaching
- 2+ years’ experience in preschool administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in early childhood education or related field
- Child Development Associate credential or equivalent and three units in administration
- Meet the requirements of the California State Social Services Child Care licensing agency
- Infant & Child CPR certificate and Child First Aid certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Ability to deal with children and their parents in a positive manner
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, safety procedures for preschool children, play-based and nature-based preschool curriculum, and positive discipline for preschool children
- Good Microsoft Office skills
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and your salary requirements no later than Monday, January 18, 2021. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
Marin Art and Garden Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
|Ross, CA 94957