|Job Title||Job Description||Job Location||Posted on||Actions|
**NOW OFFERING A NEW YEAR SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,500***
New year... new career! We are Hiring a Center Director at our beautiful Clif Bar Base Camp child care center!
Working with KinderCare Learning Companies means using your outstanding talents to help set the foundation for lifelong learners, where you can collaborate with colleagues, grow and learn, and positively impact the families we serve.
With over 50 years of experience, 30,000+ employees, and more than 2,000 early learning center programs, we are the most accredited leaders in early childhood education. Together, we create environments where kids grow and thrive. As one of only four companies to receive the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award six times, we’re confident that you can grow and thrive here, too. We can’t wait to meet you.
If you’re passionate about positively impacting the lives of others and making waves in the world of early childhood education, the Center Director role might be for you! With KinderCare’s world-class curriculum, center accreditation process, and dedicated teaching staff, our Center Directors are changing the world one achievement at a time. Center Directors educate parents, teachers, and community leaders on the incredible value of early childhood education and make that value come to life for the children in their center.
When you join our team as a Center Director, you will:
Our benefits meet you where you are. We’re here to help our employees navigate the integration of work and life:
|Emeryville, CA 94608||2023-01-25||View|
|Senior Child Development Specialist||
Senior Child Development Specialist
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 1/18/2023
Mission College is seeking two (2) talented, equity-minded individual to fill the position of Senior Child Development Specialist.Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
Under direction of the Child Development Center (CDC) Instructor, the Senior Child Development Specialist will plan and implement a developmentally appropriate, emergent play-based curriculum for ages 6 weeks - 5 years. They will establish and maintain working partnerships with parents, families, and students to perform duties requiring in-depth knowledge of early childhood education and development; provide mentoring and oversight of practicum students; and complete administrative duties necessary to implement a quality preschool program.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of March 27, 2023. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:$5,249.25–$5,707.33 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 53, Steps A-C).Benefits include:
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
• Employer-paid long-term disability for employee.
• Employer-provided life insurance.
• 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
• 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
• 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
• Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
• Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
• $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
• CalPERS retirement.
• Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
• Two years of responsible journey experience similar to Child Development Specialist with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in early childhood education or a related field.
License and Certificate:
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California Child Development Master Teacher Permit.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid First Aid and CPR certificate issued by the American Red Cross, Heart Association, or other authorized agency.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop developmentally appropriate curriculum and implement play and varied learning experiences for children in a multi-age pre-school classroom environment; mentor and model to, review and assess the work of practicum students.
• Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Interact with children assisting them with developing problem solving and other skills, creating opportunities for safe risks and the family or parent or caregiver child separation process; contribute to the child’s social and emotional development; create a climate of respect for each child.
• Mentor, oversee, and participate in evaluating the activities of staff, teaching assistants and practicum students, recommending improvements and modifications.
• Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
• Attend meetings; and maintain a variety of accurate records.
• Perform the most difficult work related to curriculum development, and observation and assessment of children and of student teachers.
• Conduct assessments and maintain developmental profiles of each child; communicate regularly with parents and families regarding children’s development and program experiences.
• Maintain a safe, orderly classroom including adjacent indoor and outdoor areas; report any safety hazards or injuries in the center; follow health and safety standards and other regulations and requirements for food handling, toileting of young children, hand washing, and universal precautions with exposure to blood.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
• Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3744469
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|Santa Clara, CA 95054||2023-01-06||View|
|Child Development Center Assistant||
A Child Development Center Assistant provides assistance with the day-to-day learning activities, supervision, and care of children of various ages in a college child development center.
MONTHLY SALARY: $3,200.30-$3,376.32 ($38,403.60-$40,515.84 annually)
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position.
Vacancies exist at LA City College (855 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029), LA Mission College (13356 Eldridge Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342), LA Pierce College (6201 Winnetka Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91371), and LA Trade Technical College (400 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015). The hiring list established by this examination will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
School-Age Emphasis Authorization may be required for some positions.
A Food Handler Certificate may be required for some positions.
A valid certificate in Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross must be obtained within the first month of employment and maintained throughout employment.
Ability to pass fingerprint clearance through both the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), criminal record review, Child Abuse Central Index review, and/or any other requirement established by a licensing/regulatory entity or the District.
Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
The Child Development Assistant Permit is issued for five years and is renewable for successive five year periods as determined by State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
It is the responsibility of the employee to renew their permit(s) in a timely manner. Employees who fail to maintain the required permit or who become ineligible for a required permit are subject to suspension, demotion, or release from employment.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
|Los Angeles, CA 90017||2023-01-03||View|
|Administrative Assistant/Executive Director Secretary||
Posted Date: December 12, 2022
Deadline Date: January 9, 2023, or Open until Filled
Position Title: Administrative Assistant/Executive Director Secretary
Reports to: Executive Director
Department: Administration & Human Resources Department
Employment Status: Non-Exempt (40 Hours Per Week) & Full Year Position
Compensation Range: $20.02-$28.28 (Step 1-Step 15) Hourly Rate and Benefits
*LACOE Retention Stipend for Program Year 22-23 is expected to be issued in July 2023, when eligibility is determined
Generous Employee Benefits: ACA Compliant Medical, Aflac, Dental, Life, and Vision plans.
Work Location: FOUNDATION FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION, INC.
Main Office: 3450 East Sierra Madre Boulevard Pasadena, California 91107
Will be assigned to report to our designated sites and other locations
throughout our service area as needed due to program operations
Review our website: www.foundationheadstart.org for specific site locations
Summary of Duties
This staff position is the most senior level clerical job in the Head Start-Early Head Start/State Preschool delegate agency. This position is charged with carrying out administrative and general office duties for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and the Human Resources Officer. Under general supervision and with high regard for confidentially, the incumbent, performs a variety of administrative support duties to assist the Executive Director and other Key Personnel by providing administrative and clerical assistance by conducting research, executes administrative procedures, and/or participates in budget control functions. This position includes preparing, systematizing and preserving written and electronic communications and records, and distributing information. The Administrative Assistant/Executive Director Secretary will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Summary of Job Duties, Knowledge & Skills
(Job Description available from HR)
Essential Job Functions within the Human Resources Department:
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Prior to hire, the following must be assured:
Eligibility to Work: All potential employees will be asked to present supporting documents establishing proof of identity and employment eligibility upon completing the I-9 Form.
Medical Examination: Must submit a medical examination demonstrating capability to perform type of work required; must submit a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray. Proof of the following immunizations: Influenza, Pertussis TDAP (Whooping Cough), Measles (MMR), and COVID-19 vaccination series.
Fingerprint Clearances: All potential employees will be subject to obtain fingerprint clearances from the Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Child Abuse Index (CACI), prior to starting work.
Other Special Requirement: Must have the use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California’s Driver’s License, or have reliable transportation.
Failure to meet medical standards and/or criminal record clearance may result in withdrawal of job appointment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants must complete Foundation for Early Childhood Education employment application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may download an employment application online at www.foundationheadstart.org
Interested candidates must forward the following documentation packet to the main office – enclosed Human Resources Department or submit via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates must submit the following documents:
Please Note: Application and all required documents can be mailed, or submitted electronically to email@example.com by the due date listed in this job posting.
|Pasadena , CA 91107||2022-12-12||View|