|Preschool Afternoons Coordinator
Seeking Full-Time Preschool Afternoons Coordinator
What do benefits, membership to a state-of-the-art fitness center, up to 20 paid holidays, PTO and working at the OFJCC have in common? Keep reading to find out!
Overview of the Role:
The Leslie Family Preschool is seeking a creative, compassionate and innovative thinker to fill the role of Afternoons Coordinator. If this sounds like you, keep reading! In this role, you will plan and implement all OFJCC Afternoons and Holiday Camp program activities. You will serve as the coach and mentor regarding best practices in child-centered ECE, emergent curriculum, classroom space and communication as it pertains to both the OFJCC Afternoon Program & Holiday Camps. In addition, as a member of the leadership team, you will carry out the school’s vision in regards to the Afternoons and Holiday Camps Programs.
What you’ll do: Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a supervisor, role model and coach, help guide and facilitate the afternoon program, holiday camps and its teachers regarding the OFJCC Leslie Family Preschool Guiding Principles
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every member, parent and child is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner
- Support the OFJCC afternoons program in creating rich, developmentally-appropriate learning experiences and curriculum through a Jewish lens
- Coordinate staffing and registration for all preschool holiday and vacation camps
- Create camp curriculum and programming that aligns with the OFJCC Leslie Family Preschool Guiding Principles
- Anticipate, listen and be responsive to families/teachers’ needs and requests
- Meet regularly with preschool administration for goal setting, program development and implementation for the afternoon program and holiday camps
- Meet regularly with the leadership team for goal setting and implementation for the school as a whole
- Develop and monitor the afternoon program budget on a monthly basis, with quarterly reporting to the Preschool Director
- Facilitate regular meetings with afternoons classroom teams to develop curriculum, create documentation, problem solve and collaborate based on Jewish holidays, Jewish values and daily observations made by the team
- Actively participate in morning and afternoon classrooms, working with teachers to setup afternoon activities and explorations
- Develop daily in-house afternoon enrichment programs
- Attend all professional development meetings, Shabbat dinners, and parent attended events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or related field, Site Supervisor Permit preferred
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with other educators, coordinating, coaching, mentoring, and supervising educators
- Positive experiences in establishing warm, welcoming, and meaningful interactions, and problem solving skills with parents and teachers
- Ability to support teachers’ understanding of learning and seamlessly integrate Jewish traditions and values within an educational context
- Proven ability to lead professional development efforts
- Proven ability to support educators within a teaching and learning environment that promotes lifelong learning
- Ability to multitask the pedagogical, relational, and administrative responsibilities of program direction and coordination
- Ability to work 10:00AM - 6:00PM Monday-Friday. Available other hours and days as needed
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Up to 20 paid holidays plus PTO
- Additional offerings include free membership to our state of the art fitness center for you and your family, 403(b), life insurance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, discounts galore and much more!
If interested and qualified, please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, give us a call at (650) 223-8644.
|Palo Alto, CA 94303
|Preschool Teacher / Director
We are a well reputed neighborhood preschool with a wealth of personality. We thrive on creativity, freedom for our children to grow and learn, providing them with the resources to learn through play. If you follow the same philosophy then this is the school for you. If you enjoy playing in mud, then this is also the place for you!
Teaching preschoolers must be your passion. Must be fingerprint cleared, TB tested, and be CPR and First aid certified. We need someone who has flexibility with hours whether it be part-time or full-time.
Salary is dependent on experience. Medical benefits offered after a 3 month probationary period.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Program Owner/Director, the Teacher will be primarily responsible for carrying out (with other classroom staff) a well-balanced program of age and developmentally-appropriate activities designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the children in his/her care.
Job Responsibilities: 1. Develops and implements a well-balanced program of open-ended activities, teacher-directed activities, and spontaneous curriculum activities designed to support the children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills. 2. Designs and maintains an environment that provides for free exploration and curiosity, and problem solving opportunities. Responsible for the arrangement and appearance of the learning environment at all times. 3. Supervises children to ensure a safe and healthy experience. 4. Assumes an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities. 5. Conducts classroom observations and child assessments to ensure that the program is meeting individual and group needs. 6. Makes positive contact with parents every day. 7. Assists in planning and presenting parent workshop, conferences, and orientations. 8. Maintains a professional attitude and a sense of ethical responsibility at all times. 9. Participate in visibility events as needed. 10. Participate in weekly staff meetings. 11. Participate in staff development activities as needed. 12. Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Additional Salary Information: Dependent on experience
Requirements: 1. Knowledge and experience in developmentally appropriate practice. 2. Experience working with diverse populations in a culturally sensitive manner. 3. Strong interpersonal and professional skills. 4. Excellent customer service skills. 5. Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion. 6. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and parents. 7. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential. 8. BA preferred.
Qualifications: 1. Meet Child Development Permit requirements for a Teacher (24 units in ECE). 2. A minimum of 6 years paid preschool teaching experience with children 3-6 yrs.
Time Commitment: 30-40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, very occasional weekends for special events.
|Long Beach, CA 90803