|Job Title||Job Description||Job Location||Posted on||Actions|
The Maggy Haves School, a progressive, child-centered preschool program based in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking an Executive Director. Please see the linked job description for more information about the position and our school.
|North Hollywood, CA 91606||2019-11-02||View|
We are searching for a fantastic teacher to complete our team! See the posting for full job description. We are a small, play based center celebrating the wonders of childhood and nature. We are inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach and a child-centered, social constructivist view of early learning. Our four classroom communities are made up of 12 mixed age children with two full time co-teachers. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for early childhood, the ability to create and implement emergent curriculum based on the interests of children, a strong sense of identity as a teacher, and the ability to build a collaborative partnership with a co-teacher. Visit the posting to learn more and apply through the USD jobs portal. We hope you will come and play with us!
|San Diego, CA 92110||2019-10-18||View|
First 5 Contra Costa
|Concord, CA 94520||2019-10-17||View|
|Child Care Teacher||
Rainbow Rising Before and After School Care centers are looking for creative, energetic, compassionate and reliable individuals with experience in the field of childcare. Our employees take part in making a difference in children's lives in addition to helping in providing a quality, safe and enjoyable program for children to explore and thrive in.
|Irvine, CA 92606||2019-10-15||View|
Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Type: Full-time Position
Salary: Depends on experience and education with children ages 2-5
Wonderland is located in Cupertino, CA, on a 1.5-acre site. The school offers both an English and Chinese program, with a focus on play based experiences. We are searching for Teachers who are committed to creating learning experiences for all children.
Due to increased enrollment, we are seeking experienced preschool teachers with strong skills in curriculum, effective communication, collaboration with co-teachers, and engaging circle times. We offer a supportive, family like environment with great opportunities for professional development, training, and involvement in the school’s growth. We have a diverse staff of Mandarin and non-Mandarin speaking teachers.
Education & Qualifications:
· 12 Early Childhood Education units (including core units) preferred.
· Previous work experience in a preschool setting, working with children ages 2-5, preferably play-based.
· Bilingual in Mandarin/English a plus, but not required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Punctual, dependable, flexible, and enthusiastic.
· Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and staff.
· Strong work ethic and ability to work well on a team.
· Respect the diversity and backgrounds of parents, children, staff, and community.
· Ability to plan a developmentally appropriate curriculum with hands-on activities.
|Cupertino, CA 95014||2019-10-11||View|
Are you interested in directing a non-profit preschool that strives to provide a safe, accessible, family–centered environment that nurtures children as individuals, fosters social understanding, and serves as a vital part of the local community?
Do you possess the qualifications listed below?
If so, Coastal Community Preschool (CCP) may have the perfect career opportunity for you!
CCP is seeking a Director with significant experience in early childhood education and a proven track record in managing a successful preschool or small nonprofit organization.
The main responsibilities of the Director are:
If you'd like to learn more about this opportunity click the link to read the full job description. http://www.coastalcommunitypreschool.org/employment/
|Santa Cruz, CA 95060||2019-10-03||View|
|Assistant Professor of Human Development and Family Studies||
Assistant Professor of Human Development and Family Studies
Faculty Classification: AY
Faculty Status: Tenure-Track
Status: Open Until Filled
Department Name: Liberal Studies
Degree/Program: B.A. Human Development and Family Studies
Job Number: FAC2019-329
Priority Screening Date: 10/20/2019
Recruitment Status: Apply now! Priority screening date is October 20, 2019.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (http://www.csumb.edu/) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU ) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. Bay 2030, CSUMB 's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
The Liberal Studies Department in the College of Education at CSUMB invites applications for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor faculty member in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS ) who will contribute to teaching and research in early development in learning contexts or in family science, especially for children and families from diverse backgrounds.
• Design and teach courses leading to a bachelor's degree in Human Development and Family Science with a focus on Early Development and/or Family Science
• Design and teach courses offered by the Human Development and Family Studies program as part of General Education, First Year Seminar, and/or other University Requirements
• Participate in the development of an outcomes-based curriculum
• Support hybrid/online approaches to curriculum design and instruction
• Supervise, mentor, and advise undergraduate students
• Engage in scholarly activities leading to publication
• Seek grants or other sources of funding to support innovative inquiry-based projects
• Participate in department, college, university, and community service
• Ph.D. in Human Development, Family Science/Studies, Developmental Psychology, Sociology of the Family, Early Childhood Education, or related fields by time of appointment
• ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by the first day of employment
• Demonstrated ability to teach effectively, or potential for effective teaching of undergraduate courses in Human Development and Family Studies
• Record of or demonstrated potential for successful research and publication
• Strong background in developmental science and/or family science theory and research
• Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population and in diverse communities
• Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses in human development and family science/studies, including lifespan courses from a developmental perspective (e.g., Infancy and Early Childhood, Middle Childhood), and courses in Family Science/Studies (e.g., Parenting Across the Lifespan, Immigrant Families)
• Demonstrated ability to integrate into teaching the issues facing diverse communities living with economic or social challenges
• Demonstrated ability to teach core Human Development and Family Science/Studies courses, such as writing in the discipline, research methodology, service learning/fieldwork, and capstone courses
• Demonstrated ability to teach online and/or hybrid courses
• Research activity on early development with topics such as early child development and learning, early schooling, cultural socialization in family contexts, and/or family policy
• Demonstrated ability or potential to mentor students in research and in applied research settings
• Demonstrated ability or potential to conduct research leading to publication in areas relevant to the department and program’s mission
• Experience with or potential to write and/or administer grants
• Interest in collaborations and outreach with local community organizations, social services, and educational institutions for children and families
• Working understanding of, or equivalent experiences working in diverse, gender-equitable, multilingual communities such as those that comprise the Monterey Bay and tri-county region
• Commitment to working within an interdisciplinary department and College
• Evidence of or potential for department, college, university, and community service and leadership
CSUMB Founding Vision
• A demonstrated commitment to implementing the University’s vision grounded in equity and social justice.
• Candidates who are bilingual and/or have a demonstrated commitment to working with and advocating for multilingual and multicultural communities
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB ’shttps://csumb.edu/about/vision-statementhttps://csumb.edu/about/vision-statementhttps://csumb.edu/about/vision-statement
Other Related Information:
Requests for information should be addressed to: Dr. Deedee Perez-Granados, HDFS Search Committee Chair, Liberal Studies Department, California State University, Monterey Bay, CA.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Compensation and Benefits:
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1634862
APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at http://www.csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the https://csumb.edu/library/library-hours (https://csumb.edu/library/maps-directions).
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
GENERAL INFORMATION :
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA ), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION /EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER :
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|Seaside, CA 93955-8001||2019-09-26||View|