Honor and Early Childhood Educator Program
The Honor an Early Childhood Educator program was created in 2014 with two primary goals – to recognize early childhood educators who have made a difference in the lives of young children and families, and to provide NAEYC/CAAEYC Standard membership scholarships for individuals new to the association.
Honorees are presented a certificate of appreciation for their outstanding contribution to excellence in the early childhood field at the Honor an ECE Educator reception held during the CAAEYC Annual Conference and Expo.
Congratulations to the 2019 honorees and thanks to the nominators for their generous support of CAAEYC. Read more about each honoree.
- Lorraine Chow (Nominated by Educators for Peaceful Classrooms & Communities, EPCC)
- Dionne Clabaugh (Nominated by Sandy Baba)
- Lingling Duan (Nominated by Lidan Ou)
- Sally Gomez (Nominated by Central California Chapter of CAAEYC)
- Kungshang Sandra Lee (Nominated by Shu-Chen Jenny Yen)
- Qingmei Ou (Nominated by Lidan Ou)
- Colleen Parsons (Nominated by Padmini Ramasamy)
- Beth Reeves-Fortney (Nominated by Eileen McCourt)
- Gayle Scott (Nominated by Lidan Ou)
- Pat Thygesen (Nominated by Jean Goulart, MA)
- Christie Verarde (Nominated by East Bay Chapter of CAAEYC)
- Shunu Yen (Nominated by Shu-Chen Jenny Yen)