CAEYC Public Policy Committee Responsibilities
- To advise the CAEYC Board of Directors on policy matters.
- To stay informed on current issues and bring issues of concern forward from the members, public policy committees in local affiliates or coalition partners.
- To actively advocate CAYEC positions on public policy, legislative and regulatory issues while staying within guidelines established for 501c3 organizations.
- To develop an annual Action Plan and budget based on CAEYC’s Strategic Plan.
- To create task forces to address specific public policy issues or to direct specific projects as needed.
- To communicate public policy objectives to local affiliate representatives (local affiliate president, public policy committees, etc.) and facilitate two way conversation.
- To organize a workshop strand for the CAEYC Annual Conference.
- To hold meetings as necessary throughout the year in order to conduct business either face-to-face or via conference call.
Process to Become a Committee Member
- Applicant expresses interest to Committee Chair.
- If a vacancy exists and the applicant qualifies to fill that vacancy, the Committee Chair will invite the applicant to attend the next monthly meeting, held via conference call.
- The applicant will introduce her/himself and give a brief statement of interest and qualifications.
- Committee Members vote on whether to accept the applicant to fill the vacant position.