Guest Welcome to the CAEYC Public Policy Committee!
Thank you for your interest in the California Association for the Education of Young Children (CAEYC) Public Policy Committee!
CAEYC advocates for advancement in the early care and education profession and improvement of the lives of young children. Our Public Policy Committee reviews bills related to the importance of early childhood issues and communicates regularly to our legislators regarding these concerns. The Committee develops a policy platform yearly with consultation from the CAEYC Board of Directors.
We welcome you to attend our monthly conference call, held the second Monday of each month. Please contact Linda Olivenbaum, Public Policy Committee Chair for the current month’s agenda and call-in Passcode. Meetings adhere to Robert’s Rules of Order, including following the agenda and voting on action items.
We hold one in-person meeting yearly, at the CAEYC Annual Conference and Expo; the meeting is listed in the Conference program. Visit the CAEYC website for Conference information. Guests are welcome!
Rules for Guest Attendees at Monthly Conference Call Meetings:
- Identify yourself when Chair asks if any guests are present
- Since Committee meetings are one hour long with much work to accomplish, your role is as an observer/listener
- When possible, you will be given a few minutes in which to ask questions or comment
- You are encouraged to contact your Committee Regional Representative after the call with any questions or for follow-up discussion
- Guests do not vote
- If a guest is interested, the Chair will email these materials after the call upon request:
- Yearly Public Policy Committee Goals
- Duties of and process to become a Committee member
- ECE Acronym List