The School: Preschool and Elementary Age Before and After School Programs
The preschool is a community outreach program of East Whittier Presbyterian Church. Our purpose is to provide an educational experience in a Christian environment that is designed to promote the spiritual, social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of the children in our care. We will share in the effort to help parents better understand the needs of their children. We provide children with essential group experience in learning to work, co-operate and interact with other children and adults. We encourage the development of self-esteem and self-worth. We will take our responsibilities seriously and will remain faithful to our commitment to our children and their families.
The School, an integral part of the education program of the church, is nonsectarian and open to all children without discrimination on the basis of race, religion or ancestry.
Full time and part time schedules are offered in Preschool and Before and After School programs.
We offer a Before and After School care program for elementary age children who attend Ocean View Elementary School. The program is designed to provide enrichment experiences, group play opportunities and structured homework time. The children are divided into upper and lower age groups. Staff pick up the children and bring them to our program.
The staff are fully qualified and well trained based upon Title 22 regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited or approved university, with a major emphasis in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• At least one year of successful experience as a Site Supervisor or Program Director (two years preferred)
• At least one year successful teaching experience in a licensed Preschool or child care center or comparable group child care program
• Superior organizational skills
• Ability to resolve complaints and grievances
• Established communication skills with adults and children
• Valid California Driver License
• Valid Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director Permit issued by the CTC
• Valid CPR and First Aide training. Proof of up-to-date vaccinations (MMR, Tdap, COVID)
• Within 30 days of employment, verified completion of 16 hours of health and safety training
Location: Whittier, CA
Salary: 55000.00 - 80000.00
Posted On: June 3rd, 2021
The Church’s Mission: The Mission of EWPC is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ by sharing His love and His Good News as we serve our community.
The Church: At the core of Presbyterian belief is the sovereignty of God, the authority of the scripture, justification by grace through faith and the priesthood of all believers. We believe that God is the supreme authority throughout the universe. Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament and through the life of Jesus Christ. Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us, and it is not the result of our own accomplishments. It is everyone’s job — ministers and lay people alike — to share this Good News with the whole world.