Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Type: Full-time Position
Salary: Depends on experience and education with children ages 2-5
Wonderland is located in Cupertino, CA, on a 1.5-acre site. The school offers both an English and Chinese program, with a focus on play based experiences. We are searching for Teachers who are committed to creating learning experiences for all children.
Due to increased enrollment, we are seeking experienced preschool teachers with strong skills in curriculum, effective communication, collaboration with co-teachers, and engaging circle times. We offer a supportive, family like environment with great opportunities for professional development, training, and involvement in the school’s growth. We have a diverse staff of Mandarin and non-Mandarin speaking teachers.
Provide a safe, nurturing environment for children.
Lead developmentally appropriate, play-based activities.
Lead circle times and activities to children in a fun, engaging way.
Provide interactive, creative activities for children.
Education & Qualifications:
· 12 Early Childhood Education units (including core units) preferred.
· Previous work experience in a preschool setting, working with children ages 2-5, preferably play-based.
· Bilingual in Mandarin/English a plus, but not required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Punctual, dependable, flexible, and enthusiastic.
· Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and staff.
· Strong work ethic and ability to work well on a team.
· Respect the diversity and backgrounds of parents, children, staff, and community.
· Ability to plan a developmentally appropriate curriculum with hands-on activities.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: August 9th, 2019
Wonderland focuses on the positive development and growth of children, recognizing that each child is unique.
The goal of Wonderland Chinese School is to provide a learning atmosphere that stimulates the child’s interest and encourages the child to attain his or her capabilities through structure and self-discipline, in a noncompetitive, nurturing atmosphere.
We are committed to learning and exploring, and maintaining a low teacher-to-child ratio is one way of achieving this goal. We support the development of innate curiosity.
The philosophy is one, which provides a child with the environment and opportunity to learn at his or her individual pace.