Sunrise Preschool - Pasadena, CA
Sunrise Preschool is seeking a dynamic, well experienced director who has a proven and successful track record. The Preschool Director shall meet all the employment requirements established by the State of California, Title 22. The Director shall be responsible for the efficient and successful operation of the total developmental, educational and extended day programs.
- Has full knowledge of state policies under the Community Care Licensing Division under Title 22. Plans and directs the operation of the preschool in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Interviews and hires all teachers and staff
- Maintains accurate and complete preschool records.
- Creates work schedules for all preschool employees. Communicates Sunrise Preschool’s philosophy to staff, school parents and the community.
- Meets with the school board bi-monthly. Informs the school board regarding the preschool’s enrollment, financials and general operations.
- Prepares an annual budget for School Board approval.
- Participates in church, preschool and community organizations.
- Submits required reports for church, county and state.
- Attends professional meetings at community and state levels.
- Selects and purchases instructional materials, equipment and furniture.
- Creates and implements preschool curriculum for all age groups.
- Counsels parents and staff regarding child growth and development.
- Meets with new interested families and conducts preschool tours.
- Plans and/implements in-service training and workshops for staff.
- Makes classroom visitations and conducts annual performance evaluations.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings and attends Pastoral staff meetings.
- The Director implements an eight week Summer Program.
- Creates Employee Salary scales, tuition rates and calendar proposals for the preschool Board’s approval.
- The Director facilitates and coordinates facility repairs and improvements.
- Maintains a cooperative and positive attitude towards the church’s Early Childhood Ministry and the shared facility agreement.
Applicant must meet State of California licensing requirements for a preschool director. (Title 22, Section 101215) The applicant must have at least five years’ experience as a preschool director.