The Director of Early Childhood Education is a full-time professional position and is part of the leadership team at Congregation Shir Hadash. The Director of Early Childhood Education is responsible for the overall daily operation of the Early Childhood Center (ECC), including the educational policies and procedures, supervision of all school staff and students, and school finance and operations. This role will be responsible to run both the Reggio-Inspired school program and the affiliated Summer program. Shir Hadash is a Reform Judaism congregation and the ECC incorporates Reform Judaism into its curriculum.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
○ 12 semester units in Child Development/ECE/Family, Child and Community
○ 3 semester units in administration or staff relations
○ Infant and Child CPR and First Aid certification
○ 8 hour Health and Safety course
○ Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education or child development
○ Preferred: Masters degree in related childhood education and development fields
○ Early Childhood classroom experience
○ Supervisory experience preferred
○ Run a 12-month program including both school and summer program
○ Understanding of a range of early childhood philosophies and methods, including Reggio-inspired
○ Preferred: An understanding and appreciation for Reform Judaism
Benefits include medical, dental, pension, long term disability, paid sick and personal leave, many secular and Jewish holidays.
If interested, please contact us for a detailed job description and outline of all responsibilities of the ECC Director by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com with your resume
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: February 13th, 2020
Congregation Shir Hadash is an evolving, vibrant, growing Reform Jewish congregation dedicated to providing a sense of community for its members as well as opportunities for spiritual growth and developing a strong Jewish identity.
The Shir Hadash Early Childhood Center is a fully-licensed program for ages 2-5 with full or half-day, and partial-week enrollment options. The school is licensed for79 students and with a current teaching staff of 12 and a part-time administrative assistant.The Center is open to all families in the community, whether Jewish or non-Jewish. Membership in Congregation Shir Hadash is not required.
More information can be obtained at our website. www.shirhadash.org