St. Francis Preschool in Novato, California, seeks a full-time Director who is an experienced early childhood leader and manager who works collaboratively with others, is a strategic thinker, and has strong interpersonal and organizational skills. The Preschool’s mission is to provide a stable environment of fun, love, friendship and security for children without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, in which the joy of learning is discovered while exploring and playing safely and freely in age and developmentally appropriate activities. The Preschool offers play-based learning activities by qualified teachers and provides and atmosphere of acceptance and experience where the child can grow into a cooperative, confident, self-reliant, motivated, and caring individual. Each child is valued, and individual differences are respected. Opportunities are offered for parenting education and training. Enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year was 135. The Preschool serves students between the ages of 2 and 5 years old, taught by 12 faculty members. A parent advisory board gives on-going support to the Director and the school’s programs. Parent participation is encouraged.
The Preschool is an outreach mission of St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church in Novato. The School functions autonomously in its day-to-day operations with financial and legal oversight by the Vestry of St. Francis Church. While religious teachings are not part of the curriculum, the Rector/Priest-in-Charge of St. Francis Church offers an optional spiritual chapel time one day a week. The Church and Preschool relationship is of paramount importance to ensure that the mutual mission, vision, and core values are met. The Director is hired by and reports directly to the Rector/Priest-in-Charge of St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church.
Qualifications for this position include a minimum of a BA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, including 3 semesters or equivalent quarter units in administration; 5 years teaching in a licensed early childhood program; experience with teaching all age ranges; 5 years as a successful administrator of an early childhood program; and must possess a Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Child Development Program Director permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Index clearance.
In summary, we seek a new director who is:
• A strategic thinker who is interested in maintaining and visioning our first-class preschool for the present and the future.
• A competent administrator who can oversee the financial affairs of the school, maintain a balanced operating budget and work closely with the parent advisory board, church Vestry and Rector/Priest-in-Charge in building a sustainable long-term strategic plan.
• An excellent communicator who possesses the ability to establish strong relationships with all constituencies--children, parents, faculty, church staff, parent advisory board --and can articulate in a compelling way the pedagogy and educational goals of the school.
• A passionate advocate for children and families who attend the school and can understand the whole child and works with families on all aspects of parenting inside and outside of the school day.
• A warm, approachable person with a presence that invites and respects the views of others yet has a decisive mindset.
• A supportive mentor of the faculty who can work with them to develop a curriculum that is engaging and successful in preparing students emotionally, socially, and cognitively for Kindergarten.
• A collaborative colleague who can maintain and strengthen the relationship with St. Francis Episcopal Church by meeting weekly with the Rector/Priest-in-Charge and attending vestry meetings monthly, as well as the Annual Congregational meeting.
• An effective leader who is comfortable working with faculty, parents and other stakeholders to achieve goals and whose confidence inspires others to perform at their best and realize the vision of the school.
Are you our next Preschool Director? Please send a letter of interest and a resume to The Rev. Stacey Grossman, Priest-in-Charge, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Location: Novato, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: August 15th, 2019
St. Francis Preschool is an outreach mission of St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church. The SFoA website is www.stfrancisnovato.org