Bing Teacher 1 For Teacher 2 requirements, look on Stanford Careers
Job Family: Child/Youth Education and Development
Job Series: Bing Teacher
Job Code: 4191
Classification Level: F
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Bing Nursery School is part of the School of Humanities and Sciences at Stanford University and serves as a laboratory for the Department of Psychology. The department established the school in 1966 to serve as a site for research and training in child development. It provides high quality educational programs to over 500 young children (2-5 years) each year, their parents, students in training, and research and teaching faculty.
Plan and implement educational experiences for pre-school children with a child development focus in a laboratory school setting to support faculty research and undergraduate instruction in developmental psychology and early education.
• Plan and implement creative and challenging curriculum projects and activities in the areas of language and literacy, cognitive, emotional, social, and physical growth; plan and structure environments to facilitate activities.
• Provide instruction to children; identify emerging curriculum and work with the children on short-term and long-term projects.
• Use observation skills to record children's behavior and maintain anecdotal records.
• Work directly with parents providing verbal updates and interpreting their children's behavior; may conduct conferences with families including initial developmental history intake, spring review and home visits.
• Work directly with researchers to facilitate faculty and undergraduate student research projects; help children to participate in relevant studies; help researchers develop rapport with the children.
• Demonstrate to undergraduate students the links between theory and actual classroom activity in support of the student's academic development.
• Design, produce and document program content and the children's work; write articles for school newsletters; present at parent seminars and early childhood conferences; provide tours for visitors.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Apply online at Stanford Careers under Child/Youth Education and Development
Location: Bing Nursery School, CA
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted On: April 15th, 2019
Bing Nursery School is a program within the School of Humanities and Sciences at Stanford University.Its mission is to promote understanding of child development and improve the lives of young children. The school works toward this mission in four ways: 1) providing a laboratory setting for research in child development; 2) teaching undergraduate students through seminars, observations, and hands-on experiences in the classroom; 3) providing children and families with an exemplary program of play-based, child-centered education; and 4) engaging parents and educators to promote best practice in early childhood education.